Soldier Santa - Make It Crafty



As some of you know, I am a mother of an United States ARMY Soldier.  So I designed this card for him.  It totally fits his cheeky since of humor.  I've been keeping this design in my head for quite some time and was pleased when it came to life.  Actually designing something patriotic for my soldier always brings a few tears to my eyes.

I would be pleased if you lifted this photo by right clicking and "saving picture as" send it to a soldier you may know.  It is also on my facebook page waiting to be reposted for a special person serving to protect us.

My wish this holiday season is simple...That all those brave men and women are safe.  If they are unable to be home with their families they are with their brother and sister soldiers sharing this special holiday together and sharing wonderful stories of home.  I hope that is what my son will be doing.

Just in case you get to see this Post Private Sutto....I love you son and Merry Christmas!!!!  "I love you more" :)  I miss you, xoxoxo




Ok, now that my eyes are leaking and I don't know why......I colored Santa with Copics and here are the colors I used

Coat = E 84, 87, 89 55, 57, 59 Y26, y28 y21
Beard = C3,1,0
Fur on coat = E41, 43 44 with texture added with a rag
the background was airbrushed with E79, 59, 57, 37
i used Stampendous Pirate Gold Embossing around the edges and sprinkled it on the background

Make it Crafty has so many fun and wonderful digi stamps to color  visit them a makeitcrafty.com
they will be closed until January 7th for holiday.

I hope you enjoyed this Santa...Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas!!!!  Rhea

Penny - I really hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for leaving comments on every post I put on the blog!  I just love hearing from you!!!  You should be on our team!!!!  Hugs Penny  We should at least meet for coffee and so to a shop a crop

Comments

Rhea this is so lovely!! What a beautiful gesture to send this to all of the soldiers. I love the layout and how you used all of the embellies. Wishing you and your family (and your son :) a very merry christmas :) Xx
Penny said…
Ah, Rhea, this card takes me back to when my hubby was in Viet Nam for Christmas. That was a hard time for him. It's not easy to be fighting wars when everyone back home is celebrating a holiday. I feel for your son and every other service person out there. I wish they were all safely back with their families. Oh, my, I gave myself leaky eyes....
What a wonderful card you made in his honor. It's a great image, which you colored beautifully! And the design is so fabulous: I love all the embellishments you added to this--lots of texture and fun things to look at! I hope your Christmas is wonderful, too, Rhea. It is such a pleasure visiting your blog; your creations are always such fun to see. I would love to meet for coffee sometime after the craziness dies down. :^)
Big hugs back, Penny
Ava Gavloski said…
Rhea, i will share this card on FB. A friend of mine has a son who is a navy boy. We had a ladies night where we made christmas cards, so this one of yours will be a good one to save for next christmas!!! Thanks for sharing...... sassy card, which your son is sure to like!!!
ava g
Ava Gavloski said…
rhea, could you email me the link where i can purchase the santa stamp ? cottagerca@yahoo.ca , thanks ava g
Julie said…
Oh my goodness...this is just the cutest card!!! LOVE it!

Hugs,
Julie