The kids are back to school and Labor Day is here. Summer is official coming to an end and before we know it the leaves will start to turn into the most beautiful color combinations. For the next couple of weeks I am going to be playing with these wonderful colors.
Today, let's start with a simple leaf and a fun background...
Here we have Monica in HMCO1Fall Float
- Color the entire leaf with YR23
- Following the sections within the leaf pattern, lightly flick YG95 then shade by flicking YG99
- Following other sections within the leaf pattern, lightly flick YR24 then shade by flicking YR27
Apply 2 coats of gesso to tag and let dry before starting.
- Randomly air brush YR24, YR, 27 and YG97. Spritz with 97% Isophrophyl Alcohol. You will see the colors spread. Let dry.
- I cut a stencil from a die from Fancy Lattice Expandable Pattern Die/Spellbinders.
- I tore a scrap piece of paper and sandwiched it to prevent a complete die cut. I wanted a random pattern for my stencil.
- Lightly air brush the pattern with B97
- Deepen the colors with E07 and YG99
Here is a complete color pallet.
I will be back next week with more fall colors with a very different project.