Hello, This is Rhea and it is going to be an exciting week with May Arts Ribbon! We are designing all week long with Faber Castell Design Memory Craft products.
This was the perfect time to design the art journal I've been wanting to do for a while now. I hope you will following along with me as I share how to create your very own journal. I am even going to show you how to use Gelatos and May Arts Ribbon to stencil a beautiful background.
Here we go....
- Find and old book. I used one from Goodwill that only had 20 pages in it. Cover the front and back in sticky back canvas. Then using Scor-Tape the width of your ribbon add to the front and back. Don't cover the end of the book.
- Add the second ribbon with Scor-Tape. Only tape on the end of the book leaving the edge of the ribbon free as shown in #3.
- I used the 1/8" Scor-Tape here as shown then secured the ruffled ribbon. Placed another piece of 1/8" tape and secured the dark blue ribbon to close.
I recommend practice on a piece of paper first. Before doing the stenciling on the book cover I colored the Gelatos on a craft mat and spritz a little water then mixed with my finger. Work brayer through and then onto the book cover until you have the desired effect.
- Using the Gelatos I smeared a little of the blue, purple and pink on a craft mat. Spritzed with water and mixed with my finger. I love to get messy!!!
- Using a very textured ribbon. Here I used 2" Webbed Weave Ribbon. Lay one side of ribbon in one color of Gelatos "mess" for this ribbon I used the blue. Make sure it is coated really well. Making sure your brayer is clean lay the inked side of the ribbon down and roll with brayer one time. Lift ribbon to see result :)
- This third ribbon I used 1/5" Lace Ribbon. Clean Brayer and follow the same steps in #2.
Here is what the book looks like when you are done with these steps.
Run a piece of May Arts Twine and tie off. Now you can add all kinds of ribbon to decorate the spine of your journal.
Now you are ready to stamp on the cover. I used Stampendous Vintage Lower Case Letters and Follow Your Art Stamps. Now I can create the fun and unknown inside the pages my new art journal.
Here are my other two team mates playing along in today's hop. We also have an entire line up for the whole week! Be sure to go to the May Arts Blog each day to see the inspiration.