Silent Night - Ceramic Tile

Hello,  Rhea here today NOT sharing a card :)  This is a CERAMIC TILE......

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with Jen Lowe recently.  She shared tips on working with tiles and lots of other yummy things!!!  But I can only do one project at a time.

Here I took what I learned but put my own spin on it.   
  • I airbrushed the tile with E78 and BV29 with the heaviest inking on the outside edges.  
  • I heat set the ink to insure it was completely dry.  
  • Stamped CRR184 Silent Night with Staz On.  
  • I had to stamp a few of the branches along the blank edges to fill it in.  
  • Again, I heat set to insure it was dry.
  • Using "Creative Medium" from Imagine Crafts I brushed a 2 medium coats in each direction.  The medium caused the Copic Markers to react by streaking.  WOW....this was cool so I brushed it in the direction I wanted the ink to go.  Perfect effect for a cold winter sky!  Let dry.
  • Dab VersaMark on small random areas and sprinkle Shabby White embossing powder by Stampendous.
  • Repeat VersaMark using Stamp and Bond and Chrystal Micro Glitter.
  • Finish by sealing project.  You can use spray varnish or Modge Modge.  I'm not going to use this as a coast but will set on small easel for decoration.
I have another project next week...BUT...I have a full step out tutorial and a totally different look.  See you then :)

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday






Comments

Far North said…
What a wonderful peaceful feeling you created on the tile. TFS!
Anonymous said…
This is absolutely stunning! TFS!
Annie - said…
Hi!
THANKS for connecting with me on Google+ - I am just figuring it out :-)

Love your blog and wanted to wave hello! ~Annie

http://anniesdoodlebugz.blogspot.com/
Heather said…
And this is what I love, right here! Beautiful!!