Altered Gwen - Little Darlings Rubber Stamps




Hello, today I am bringing another mixed media piece using Gwen.  The Dollhouse Collection from LDRS.  Gwen was part of the newest release and is just to sweet for words.  I love the faces on each of these characters.  But never fear there are several Dollhouse Stamps available.


I decided to alter a clock from the Tim Holtz Collection.  This was actually not as difficult as you might think.  Once I chose the color palette I wanted to use.  I was all set to go.


First, I removed the glass cover from the clock.  I painted the clock in gesso and white it was still wet, added cheese cloth for texture.  Let dry, then added another coat of gesso mixed with a little water to thin it down.  I speeded up the drying time with a heat tool.  I added the color with Copic Markers and my compressor by air brushing.  I used very dark shades RV99, BV29, BG78, E39 and E37.  The E37 added a touch of bronze look.  Loved it.  The Cheese cloth really helped the piece accept the markers for this next step.  Using 70% alcohol I started really spraying the piece getting the colors to run, at the same time using the air gun to move the color around.  I did this until I was happy with the result.


Now for the inside....Super easy!  Gesso, brick wall stencil and Faber Castell whipped spackle (my fav)  It drys really fast!  I did use prima sprays in dark brown and tea stain then flash dried with heat tool.  Ok now came the air brushing with E79 and E37, just here and there.  Yup, then the alcohol and the air gun.  Perfect rustic wall effect.  The alcohol even effected the gold shimmer in the spray moving it to the cracks.  Totally cool!

So if you have a Tim Holtz clock, give this a try!  It was a lot of fun experimenting and making a huge mess!  The end result....lovely!






Comments

omg!!! YOUR TALENT IS AMAZING!!!! I so enjoy viewing your blog
Jackie Scott said…
What a beautiful image you chose to compliment the awesome colors and details you used to transform the clock!